Simple & Reliable
Simple & Reliable
The medical and health care industry is infamous for having an outdated billing and payment mode. To top it off with the problems of insurance and the management, the bills could take weeks or even months before they are being paid. Traditionally, medical companies do have customers with a tendency to pay slowly, which directly affects the business by troubling the growth and the flow of cash of the company. For this particular concern, healthcare factoring companies could advantage from account factoring; we can also call it medical invoice factoring.
Medical factoring guides the medical companies that bill private insurance companies like Medicaid and Medicare that have problems with the flow of cash is due to delayed and slow payments. Medical competent and healthcare suppliers usually use this variety of financing.
The long hold up between when the facilities are delivered and when the payment of the bills is made can create many issues with the cash flow for suppliers and providers. Medical factoring faces this problem by providing the healthcare providers with the avenue to bills immediately for invoices that are yet to be paid by Medicaid, Medicare, or other independent insurance companies.
Vendors and Providers are the two types of pharmaceutical companies that profit from healthcare factoring. Vendors are any person or company that designs, creates, sells, and/or supports goods or services like appliances, healthcare personnel, transcription of documents and paperwork services, shipping services, etc. Providers are individuals or institutions that aid health care services like therapists, dentists, physicians, nursing, pharmacy, etc. Providers usually invoice third-party payers like insurance companies. Healthcare factoring is good for both vendors and providers because these types of working fields have the character of working with credibility and trustworthy, but customers that pay slowly.
Get Pro Tips For Regarding Your Invoices Now! Contact Us.
How Does Medical Factoring Work?
Healthcare institutions and companies should work with a factoring company to get funding. There are many healthcare invoice factoring companies, and each of them operates along with similar ways for the same purpose.
Transactions and systems are simple. You auction and appoint your claims to a pharmaceutical company. The financial company accelerates funds for the claims and maintains the claims until the time of expiration. The transaction is evident when the insurance bearer pays the claims.
Transactions work in order. Firstly, you deliver your supported claims to the factor. Then the factoring company moves forward up to 80% of the claim. The claim is usually paid in about 30-120 days. The agency reimburses the resting 20%, minus the financing fee. These steps differ based on the scope of the claims and the scope of the business.
Once a pharmaceutical company picks a factoring company, then the factoring company will analyze and inspect the business. They survey the accounts, records, and statements and information on customers and patients. After viewing and analyzing the company, the healthcare company will wave an agreement and settlement with the factoring company. This agreement would include information about the mode of payment and the maximum dollar credit line.
Once the agreement has been arranged and signed, the factor will deliver amelioration to the healthcare business, also recognized as the advance rate that is usually 80-90% of the price of the account. Factoring involves transmitting the authority of bill and check collections of the factoring company.
The factoring company would then contact the customers about how to deliver the payment. Once the client has released the payment, the factoring company would send the remaining amount, also called the reverse amount, to the company. The factoring company would also repay or compensate for their help by deducing their service fee or provide a bonus from the payment.
Examples Of Who Can Qualify For Medical Factoring
Who could use medical factoring as a solution to fix the cash flow created by slow-paying? This problem affects businesses that are overgrowing. Medical factoring can be used by a company that bills or invoices government or private schemes. Some examples are as follows:
Hospitals are institutions that provide surgical and medical treatments for sick or injured. They work with a medical factoring company that finances their insurance claim by accelerating a part of the request. There is a variation in the advance rates that are depended on particular circumstances, but the net payable claim averages up to 70%, and once the payment of the claims is made, the factor reconciles the report and reimburses the remaining 25%, deducting the fee.
Nursing Providers are registered nurses who can serve as a patient’s regular health care provider. They also have advanced education and training in the field of diagnosis and medical conditions. Nursing providers are a part of the healthcare industry, and to decrease their operating costs and increase their practice or advance their equipment and proficiency; then medical factoring will give them the working financing to meet their business ambition.
Hospices are a kind of care and doctrine and a system of care that targets on the assistance and palliation of a seriously ill, chronologically ill, or terminally ill patients suffering, pain and symptoms, and also administering to their spiritual and emotional needs. Hospice care is different from hospitals, hospice care begins after treatment and therapy of the condition is stopped, and when it is visible that the patient is not going to survive the illness.
Medical Offices/Clinics are health care centers where you receive regular preventive care when you are visiting your doctor or primary care provider when you are sick or when you are healthy but need a regular consultation. A clinic is usually much smaller than a hospital, and patients are not acutely ill and do not stay overnight.
Rehabilitation centers are institutions where people who are troubled by trauma, either physical or mental, are treated. People who also have drug and alcohol problems can come for recovery at these centers. Medical factoring becomes very pivotal for these centers for proper growth and cash inflow.
Medical Staffing Agencies
Medical Staffing Agencies have a legitimate aim and a goal; it is to find additional staff support and also to recruit employees to medical and healthcare facilities that face challenges finding the staff on their own. Medical factoring is excellent with these agencies because of easy approvals, immediate funding, significant for short term or long term financing; there is no contract required.
Nursing Homes offers great care a person can receive outside a hospital. They are small private institutions that provide residential accommodation along with healthcare majorly to older people. Skilled nurses are available that provide treatments and medical monitoring. They help with custodial and careful care like eating, getting dressed, and bathing. To run a great nursing home can be very challenging and complicated. Owners and managers have many requirements. The most persistent and essential need is cash flow. The need for the cash flow must be appropriately handled to avert significant problems that could ultimately lead to a compromise in care and development.
Medical Supply Companies
Medical Supply Companiessupply specific types of equipment and instruments for all kinds of medical professionals, from veterinarians to eye doctors. They also provide material to dentists, nursing homes, hospitals, home health aides, etc. There are substantial ongoing registered expenses and regular expenses. Without an inventory, your business wouldn’t work efficiently. Slow paying claims can lead to cash flow problems for companies that don’t have financial inventory. Cash flow would affect to pay the employees, restore inventory, and cover other expenses. Medical factoring will help with these problems.
Pharmacies are the technique and science of qualifying, planning, sharing, and evaluating drugs and providing further clinical services. It’s a profession of health that connects pharmaceutical sciences with health sciences. It aims to safeguard the efficient, secure, and reasonable use of drugs. They operate in an environment that challenging. They not only have high competition, but they face pressures from insurance companies. This generally leads to cash flow problems. Pharmacies that use factoring can claim their finance on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. This helps them to run their business smoothly.
Diagnostics Centers have the equipment and trained specialists to perform medical tests. Diagnostic imaging is used to monitor health conditions, examine and inspect a concerning symptom, or to locate a diagnosis. It can be used to attend and help with treatments so that the doctors could ensure patients with the least meddling treatments possible. Running a medical diagnostic facility can be very intensive. There are several expenses like payments on equipment and office space, regular payments to the office staff, and employees who have high costs. The most crucial problem is that insurance bearer pay claims slowly. The medical receivables factoring with enhance cash flow and meet ongoing expenses.
These are some examples of who can qualify for a medical receivable factoring. These are the kinds of providers that gain and benefit the most from the medical factoring financing. There are also other examples like surgery facilities, durable medical equipment providers, MRI clinics, laboratories, Cancer care centers, etc.
Difference Between Healthcare Factoring And Medical Receivable Factoring
There are majorly two kinds of factoring which are involved with the health care industry, and those are health care factoring and medical factoring. It’s essential to understand what makes each of these factors unique and distinctive because a pharmaceutical company can profit from both types of invoice factoring. Factoring medical receivables have a different kind of approach than health care factoring, and both these types could be used differently by the companies.
Healthcare factoring is generally used in several distinctive sectors and categories; this includes the medical field. It associates an entity which is known as the invoice factoring company buying invoices.
Factoring companies are visible in various industries, and if a person is considering medical industry funding, the person must work with a factor that practices in health care. If a person chooses the wrong factor, they may discourage that the factor doesn’t have the unique expertise and finesse they need.
The factoring medical receivables are different from health care factoring. The healthcare factoring involves individual business owners in proprietary medical staffing agencies, medical supply companies, medical transcription services, etc. while medical factoring deals with companies with a third-party payer. Medical factoring is for companies that wait for the payments from a third party such as Medicaid, Medicare, or private insurers.
Both healthcare factoring and medical receivable factoring are essential and play a vital role in many healthcare organizations. You need to be aware and have all the correct information to select the one that’s right for you, and this would directly help you to reduce all the stress, and you could fulfill your duties with comfort and ease.
Get Pro Tips For Regarding Your Invoices Now! Contact Us.
Advantages Of Medical Receivable Factoring
Factoring has become increasingly prominent and vital majorly because it helps with the problem with the financing of diagnostic centers, medical practices, and other kinds of healthcare businesses. This topic enables you to understand the advantages of working with medical factoring companies that are beneficial for the betterment of your cash flow.
It is prevalent for the pharmaceutical companies that are expanding and growing at an accelerated speed; medical factoring becomes exceptionally convenient. This means and entails that if your business continues to expand regularly or all of a sudden lacks this growth, you can modify the funding as you like.
There are many positive points as to why does medical receivable factoring becomes essential? Some top points are the following:
- The most important aspect of using the medical receivables factoring is that your cash flow dramatically enhanced and reformed. Instead of the usual 30-120 days, your medical claims would be paid in just a couple of days. For growing and small healthcare providers, this particular advantage can be very beneficial because they are usually functioning low on resources and assets.
- The cash flow is predictable and inevitable. The claim amount is uncertain; some pay immediately while others take months to pay. This uncertainty and unpredictability often generate problems for the medical providers because they are confused about how much money will they receive in a given month. As a result, it becomes inaccurate to forecast and calculate your cash flow. Medical receivable factoring helps you with this problem and provides you with positive cash flow. You get the ultimate control over your finances because you can select which providers to finance and when to deliver claims.
- The medical receivable factoring provides you with flexibility and adjustability. It is linked to the amount of the volume of your medical claims to insurance companies. The channel can increase and accustom as your business grows. This advantage makes factoring a perfect fit for healthcare businesses and medical practices that are overgrowing.
- Medical receivable factoring allows you to plan for growth and advancement. With predictable and inevitable revenues and also have improved cash flow, it will enable you to plan for the growth of the business. These capacity and means is a very vital long-tern benefit of factoring. You can also expand services and assistance; you can also add locations along with increasing the workforce by adding more employees. All of this is achievable by having the certainty that you will have the proper cash flow to pay for them.
- One other important aspect is that it works with Medicare and Medicaid. It can be used to finance Medicaid and Medicare receivables. This example is crucial for healthcare providers who assist a large patient base.
- One other significant factor is that medical factoring financing is applicable for small and growing businesses both. It is available to doctors and small business owners who are new and are just starting and do not have substantial and sufficient assets. It’s also convenient and accessible to growing healthcare businesses that are running deep on assets and resources.
- It can be set up brilliantly quickly. Factoring medical receivables can be set up in not more than a week or two. Moreover, you have robust control over the setup procedures and also the period of the due diligence. This is an ideal option for businesses that have low cash flow and require a prompt solution. But setting up hospitals, that are a larger facility might take more than two weeks due to expanded capacity and complexity.
- Factoring medical receivables help you with the solution to fast money. Along with being fast, it is also much more comfortable. Banks and loan officers pester you through extensive investigation and scrutiny and would turn you down based on poor credit or no assurance. The medical factoring will check out the payment history and ratings of the clients. You can expect to be approved, as long as you have unpaid bills receivable.
- Once you are selected or approved, you do not have to worry about the fact that you will be restricted on how to use your money. The cash is ultimately yours. Many healthcare companies and businesses have used the factory to pay expenses and costs like ordering supplies like bandages, gloves, and test strips. To pay for receptionists, nurses, lab workers, and other staff workers. To pay for insurance and utilities for the buildings, renting or purchasing modern and sophisticated equipment like telescopes and x-ray machines.
- Your factoring transaction cannot be restricted as a loan, because you sold your unsettled invoices in exchange for money. Medical factoring is, in fact, not a loan in any way that means that you are not taking upon any kind of new debt that the business cannot handle.
How To Select The Best Medical Factoring Company?
Medical factoring has become very popular as a way to finance healthcare and pharmaceutical businesses that need help with their cash flow. Choosing the correct medical factor becomes complicated and critical because of its importance and growth, and the market has many medical factoring companies. So, you need to use a proper and systematic way and approach.
There are many steps that you need to consider while choosing the right medical factoring company. They are as follows:
- You need to find candidates; the easiest way is to search for companies that provide medical factoring on the internet. You can also gain information and get recommendations through people you might know in the healthcare fields.
- Once you have the names of the factoring companies, you must get all the important information you need. You should interview the factoring companies, ask them questions. You need to have proper information like, how long have the company been in business? You would want to work with a company that has had years of experience.
- You should also know the areas that these companies specialize in. Some companies focus on specific industries such as nursing homes, medical offices, imaging centers, or hospitals. You need to be sure that the elements you select are comfortable with your specific field. You must also ask your factors to provide you with references and sources.
- Proper information about the fee structure is important too. You need to know if companies charge a due diligence fee. Some companies charge nominal fees, while others charge relatively high upfront fees. It varies from company to company. You will also need to know if you will have to pay for an audit. Larger institutions require inspection, which might be expensive.
- You need to identify the best proposal by comparing factoring plans, which is not always easy since there are different programs. You should not only focus on the costing but other factors too. You need to consider if the company was forthcoming with information, and if they were helpful and do you feel comfortable with them and if they are easy to work with?
You should have complete knowledge of information which also needs to be correct and legitimate before selecting the right medical factoring company that benefits you and your company that ultimately leads to the growth and development of your business.